Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy from Eucerin

I was reminded of this product yesterday when conversing via Facebook with my friend Alice about dry, damaged skin.

I grew up with eczema.  My mother had it all over her hands.  I know a thing or two about dry, cracked, damaged skin.

But you can imagine my dismay when I discovered that my thin skinned Nordic looking little boy was suffering from skin issues galore.  Some examples of his skin problems have been severe red raised irritation round his hairline, behind his ears and along his chin/mouth area.  He also has significant problems with irritation and raised skin behind his knees and probably the worst is the peeling, cracking feet.

None of these conditions are constant but when one crops up he's very uncomfortable.  I went through many, many different products.  Petroleum Jelly, Lotion with Vitamin E and Aloe, and quite possibly 10 other types of cream that would appear to not have fragrance added.  Low and behold most of them did, or else weren't effective at all.

I finally stumbled across a product made by a company whom I've always trusted, Eucerin.  Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy is the ONLY thing that worked on his tender skin.  Let me repeat this.  THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED.


This product is what is says, it's an ointment.  Expect it to be greasy.  I would advise one to use it at bedtime and make sure you have sheets on the bed you don't care about.  Use of this product liberally, every night (3 to 4) with cotton socks cured his peeling, cracked feet.  I saw a major difference after just one night.  We continue to use this product as needed and it is a STAPLE in my arsenal of medical supplies.  I hope next time you are at the drug store you pick this up.  It's available in a tubes (both small and large) and this pot type container which I love since we use so much of it!

*****
5 out of a possible 5 stars

6 comments:

  1. Zoe had an unidentifiable rash for awhile...THAT cured it. Nothing else did...we covered her in that stuff, and it was GONE.

    Hmm...I should use that on my hands. I have some nasty cracked hands right now. :) Thanks, April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a set of cotton gloves? You'll need them! But definitely do it! I'm so glad to find another lover of this product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and here is a link to their website on the science of why Aquaphor works.

    http://aquaphorhealing.com/#/main/skincare/how-it-works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aquaphor is also great for diaper rash!! Just sayin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add me to the list of Aquaphor lovers. I keep tubes of it everywhere - home, car, bags, etc. I love the stuff. It is also great to use whenever you get a cold - spread it under the nose to avoid that red, irritated, chapped thing. Or is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Maureen you're not alone. I like plain chapstick for that though!

    ReplyDelete